Saturday, February 25, 2012

lots of fiber fun (and some tiny bunnies!)

It has been quite a busy week, lots of school deadlines are coming up for me. Therefore I haven't gotten as much done as I'd like to... but I did do a few things.

I spun about 4 oz of fun artsy yarn, this is 50/50 silk and alpaca I spun from a shades of lav batt by crystal creek fibers. I don't usually spin art yarn but this batt was just begging to be textured, and so that's what it became. I think I'll make a hat out of it, no idea what pattern yet.



This week I also knit a few tiny bunnies! This is such a quick and cute pattern, I bought rainbow yarn from dye2spin and I'll be making some rainbow bunnies soon for a friend of mine!



Today in the mail my custom spindle from Tilt a Whorl spindles arrived. It only weighs 7 grams, which makes it my lightest spindle. I haven't tried spinning with it yet but there will be lots of photos once I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment