Friday, February 3, 2012

I just cleaned you guys off!

About two weeks ago I cleared off every one of my bobbins. I took all of the yarn that was on them and made a few small skeins, they had all been sitting so long that the twist nearly set itself. Just two weeks later this happened....


From left to right, my cupcake fiber yarn, Iron Oak Farm's mohair, my 85/15 BFL and Tussah silk (some of it is being turned into mittens right now), some 60/40 domestic and New Zealand wool I bought at a local yarn shop and some 100% mulberry silk.

I wanted to talk a little more about that mohair today, I bought it from Iron Oak Farms on etsy and it's absolutely awesome! So is the lovely lady who runs the shop, she also runs a great blog with her husband that makes me want to run away from my life and live on an old farm.

I have some exciting news for this blog, I'm getting a real camera! nothing impressive.. it's an inexpensive canon camera. Now that I bought it I'm paranoid about the bad reviews, but I looked through a lot of cameras and on every single one of them people complained about SOMETHING. Since I'll be able to (hopefully) take nicer photos starting on Monday I will be participating in a month of craft photos even if I will be a little late to the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment