Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Busy week

I can't seem to stick to one project these days, I've always got tons of different yarns that I'm spinning and multiple knitting projects, this leads to slow but steady progress on everything.

Here's what is on my wheel today, the roving I bought at my LYS. It's a little scratchy but the color is pretty, I will probably turn it into a shawl when it's all finished depending on how much yardage I get.



I ended up frogging my mittens, I just wasn't happy with the size of them and I didn't want to waste my handspun yarn on something I won't wear, even if I was almost done with them. After frogging my mittens I cast on Bias shawl. I am loving it so far, I cast on 104 stitches, the recommended amount to make this into a wrap. I also went up a needle size to open it up even more. I'm using Knit Picks comfy fingering weight yarn in lilac which is one my favorites. I'm using two of my cute little mushroom stitch markers even though I barely need them, they just make everything a little prettier. Here's my progress so far, I've been casually knitting a row or two at a time while doing other things.



And finally here's what is on my drop spindles, on my lark is more of that falkland wool. This time it's bright blue, it's starting to grow on me. I play Call of Cthulhu on Sundays and I usually spin during the session, snapped this photo during the game.



Today I started spinning a braid of superwash corriedale/rambouillet that I bought from The Joyful Sheep. I have been consistently blown away by the quality for the price I've been getting from this shop, they're awesome!

2 comments: