Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A little FO

I finished something! lately I have an awful habit of starting lots of things and then letting them sit around for a long time, but today I got something done! I made a little Blythe doll hat for a friend of mine using a fun little summer hat pattern. I would have liked to use a Blythe when taking a pic of this hat, but unfortunately my Blythes are at my parents house and they're both kind of terrifying looking at the moment.


Here are some spinning progress shots:

My first time spinning pure silk, I think it's going well so far. I like spinning it on my spindle a LOT more than I like spinning it on my wheel. 


Here's some more of that Joyful Sheep superwash wool



I plyed my practice wedding shawl yarn to see where I'm at, it's coming out a little too thick. I think the problem is that the micron count is too high on this merino so I ordered a few oz of 15.5 micron merino, can't wait to spin that!

2 comments:

  1. Your silk looks great! So does the superwash!! Amazing job! I'm still trying to get the patience for a drop spindle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually prefer the drop spindle for most yarn because it's a slower process and that gives me the chance to be more precise with how I spin.

      Delete