Monday, February 13, 2012

A Good Day for Mail

Pretty much all of the fun stuff I've ordered recently came in the mail today! It was a super nice surprise considering I've been having a bit of a lame day. Anyway, on to the pictures!


My new Kuchulu! I am in love with it! My little lark was just heavy enough to fight with me while I was spinning cobweb yarn, just ever so slightly too heavy. I was always expecting the yarn to snap on me. The kuchulu is just amazing, no fighting, no problems, just perfect spinning. For size comparison the first picture is of my lark and my kuchulu together with a highlighter marker and the second picture is just showing off the pretty lilac wood.


Next up, my second order from The Joyful Sheep, the absolutely lovely and wonderful Rachael left me the sweetest little surprise in my order... spinning wheel earrings, I'm so excited to wear them! I also got a 6.5 oz braid of superwash wool and a little sample of red wool. It's quite a pretty red, I have a bad feeling this shop is going to end up with a lot of my money and I'll have tons of pretty fiber.


The last box of the day was from knitpicks, I finally picked up some options needles because a project I'll be starting soon requires a 60 inch circular needle! I ended up grabbing sizes 4 and 8 and a 60 inch cable, I haven't opened them yet but they're quite pretty. I also grabbed another 7 balls of comfy fingering weight yarn in lilac, luckily they were from the same dye lot as my first few balls so I'll have no problem using them for my biased shawl (more pics of that later, it's getting very big!). Finally I decided to give their roving a shot, I haven't tried spinning it yet but it's impressively soft, especially considering the price. I may have to start buying more roving from knit picks!


No comments:

Post a Comment