Wednesday, January 5, 2011

lining the Sean scarf

This scarf is taking FOREVER, it's fun to knit but I feel like I've been working on it for so many hours and I'm still less than half done, it's about 3 feet long right now. I made the lining for the scarf today for a few reasons, to stop knitting for a little while and because I wasn't sure how long I could make the lining so I figured that should get finished first.


Sean and I found a 12 dollar flannel shirt at walmart and he liked the idea of putting pockets into the back of the scarf so we got it. Here's some photos of me cutting it up on my bedroom floor and almost cutting my brother's DS charger cable in half because it was on the floor too. oops

The back of the shirt 
These are the sleeves and the collar that got cut off, this is the part that ended up as scraps (no idea what to do with it)


here's the usable parts

So I took the usable parts and hemmed it all, sewed it together while trying to line up the stripes as nicely as possible and this is what I got, one panel ended up a little uneven.



- Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment