Saturday, January 15, 2011

Frankenstein's monster electric spinning wheel

I have a really cool grandpa, probably the coolest ever. He made me an electric spinning wheel and it's so awesome, it's based on the electric eel wheel but it uses a sewing machine motor so it has a foot pedal. There's random holes in it and epoxy and hot glue everywhere but I think it's pretty badass. I'm pretty sure this is going to be V1.0 and it is eventually going to be rebuilt with a pretty box and less glue all over the place but for now I like it.

This spinning wheel is a hilarious contrast to the wheel I already have. My daily wheel is a kromski sonata which is an absolutely beautiful full sized wheel with a walnut finish.

Here are some photos of my new monster.







It's kind of hard to tell from the photos, it's basically a wooden box with a motor screwed onto the side, that motor is attached to the giant flyer which has a huge bobbin on it. There are straps on the side which I can put over my shoulder and it hangs like a messanger bag. 




No comments:

Post a Comment