Saturday, January 21, 2012

woo I'm back

I missed this blog, and so I'm going to start off with a giant post about what I've been up to over Christmas break and this semester :)

I got a new Jenkins spindle from my awesome mom. This one is a standard sized spindle and it's sooo much bigger than my lark that it felt awkward at first.


I broke it in with an ounce of 50% baby camel 50% tussah silk. This may not be the prettiest yarn I've ever spun but it's definitely the softest! (80 yards, 1.0oz)



I also bought a little tiny niddy noddy at a local yarn shop



Over the break I finally spun my 20% milk protein 80% merino wool that has been sitting around as rolags for a long long time (3.1oz, 172 yards)






I also tried a new technique I've never done before, spinning thick and thin. It's kind of tricky but I had fun making this yarn! Super soft 19.5 micron merino wool (4.45oz 146 yards)




And finally I'm working on yarn to make myself a scarf and maybe matching gloves, this is only one of the two skeins but it's the prettier picture. So far I've spun up a little over half of the 11 oz I have of this 15% tussah silk 85% BFL roving. (6.0oz 280 yards)


So that's it for now, hopefully I'll be updating more regularly these days :p

No comments:

Post a Comment