Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Favorite Roommate

While on my long time away from this blog I got a new roommate, her name is Chell


The guy who lives upstairs in my apartment building found her in a dumpster some time in June, and so I took her home. After a few weeks of trying to find her owner we decided it was time to get her tags and a microchip and call her ours. Unfortunately, my little Chell needed a few medical procedures and they turned out to be quite expensive. About $1,700 later we had a (reasonably) healthy little old lady kitty. She's still got allergies that are causing sores on her lip but we're working on handling that. We have no idea how old she is and she still only weighs 6.5 lbs no matter how much I feed her.

She is the sweetest little cat I've ever encountered and she absolutely loves snuggles, sleeping under piles of soft things and watching me spin yarn. I'm so glad she's part of my life, and I hope she has many more healthy years left in her. :)


And now on to the knitting!

I've been making mittens from the made to order mittens pattern. They're being knit from the pink and gray yarn I posted earlier this month. They're coming out a little big but I think they're pretty, I'm about half way through my first mitten. I'm a terribly slow knitter
 




and here's one last pic of Chell because why not

No comments:

Post a Comment