Thursday, February 10, 2011

Lace weight love

So I've been spinning like a mad lady these days. I've made...



Merino thick and thin spun long draw which I LOVE doing! I had no idea how awesome it is but it's just so satisfying to pull long lengths of yarn out of clumps of rolag




This yarn came out to 2.7oz and 118 yards and was sold on etsy today :)




and I've spun my first lace weight yarn, I love it! This was done on my lark, the first ball is sitting under the lark and I'm spinning some insanely thin (I think it would be considered cobweb) on it right now, attempting to wind it on so it looks pretty, unlike the first ball. 




0.9oz 120 yards of lace weight :) 




Here is my attempt at a pretty wind on with the cobweb yarn!




It turns out I can spin lace weight on my wheel too, didn't think that would work out well




... and I still haven't finished the mittens :(

No comments:

Post a Comment