Saturday, February 5, 2011

I am a very happy yarn nerd

My wonderful mom got me a Jenkin's turkish spindle for valentines day! They even did two different woods for the arms of my spindle, one is pink ivory and the other is purple heart. It spins so nicely, I've only had one other drop spindle and it was so big and clunky, this is a totally different spinning experience than my other spindle and I'm already in love! I really want to make a video of it spinning because I just can't get over how fast and long it spins for!

If you've ever even considered trying spinning, go to http://jenkinswoodworking.com/ and buy a spindle, I can't believe how awesome this spindle is!

and now for photos of how cute it is!

This is a Lark, and I also bought the shaft that converts it into a Jay... I'm not sure which I like better yet.



Just for a sense of the scale, this spindle is tiny!

The Jay shaft




No comments:

Post a Comment