Sunday, March 4, 2012

busy busy busy

Sorry for the lack of posts, I've got some big deadlines coming up! I have been able to make a little time for some fiber fun. Sorry, all of the pictures in this post are from my cell phone because my camera ran out of batteries :(

I knit a little preemie hat for charity. I'll be donating it to care to knit when I get to Long Island for spring break. I knit it using this great set of preemie hat patterns! This was my first ever attempt at magic loop. I've learned that although it isn't my favorite knitting strategy it certainly has it's uses. I'll probably use magic loop for most socks I knit in the future.


I've also been working on my dish towel cotton purse. Using the big honkin bag pattern. I'm only about halfway through one side of the bag. When it's finished I'd like to try sewing a lining into it, which is something I've never tried before!


Earlier this week as a treat to myself for surviving my practice presentation (laboratory stuff) I rounded out my knit picks options collection, so I now have sizes 4-8. I don't think I'll need any others for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment